Vail Resort Ski Vacations – Top 10 about Vail Mountain Resort
Vacation in Vail :: Ski Vacations to Vail Resort
Whats a great way to satisfy you hunger for a winter vacation? Visiting Vail, Colorado of course! With over 190 trails, 3 terrain parks, 1 super-pipe, 1 halfpipe, and loads of other activities, its no wonder that thousands flock to Vail Resort every ski season!
1. From February 10th-12th, Vail will host the Winter Teva Mountain Games presented by Eddie Bauer. This is a chance for both professional and amateur athletes to test their skills on the slopes. There are different events, such as Nordic and telemark skiing, snowshoeing, and others, all competing for cash prizes.
2. If you prefer to vacation late in the season, then come visit Vail during the Spring Back to Vail-End of the Season Bash. This year it will be held from April 9th- 15th and will feature lots of free concerts, championships for skimming, and various sweepstakes. Sounds like one giant party to me!
3. Vail also offers great deals, such as the “Ski Free and Stay Free!” package. You can book your trip and get one day to ski and one night to stay for free. So that means you can make reservations for 4 nights and only pay for 3! Thats a great deal of savings. You can stay at such locations as the Westwood, Vail Spa Condominiums, and Vail Resorts Legendary Lodging Collection at The Ritz-Carlton Residences.
4. How would you like to take in the fresh air and scenery while learning about the surrounding backwoods? Snowshoeing is great because its open to people of all ability levels. When you sign up for one of the group tours, you will be provided with snowshoes, boots, and poles.
5. Cross country skiing is another great way to spend your day in Vail. This sport is available for anyone from beginner to expert. You’ll be able to take a tour of the surrounding areas, not to mention get a great workout during the process.
6. If you are looking for something a little more family friendly, then head on over to Adventure Ridge. Here there are activities such as ski biking, kids snowmobile, bungee trampoline, snow tubing, and snowshoeing. Then after you have experienced all of the amusing happenings, grab a bite to eat at Bistro Fourteen.
7. After spending the day hitting the slopes, one of the best ways to unwind is with Après Ski. Refuel with some juicy burgers and ice cold beers at Vendetta’s, The Red Lion, and Garfinkel’s. This is also a great way to mingle and make new friends with other travelers and locals alike.
8. If you love shopping (or are vacationing with someone who does) then visit either Lionshead or Vail Village. There are dozens of boutiques for souvenirs, jewelry, clothes, ski gear, art, and more.
9. If you’re looking for a different dining experience, then make a reservation for the Game Creek Restaurant. This is a European styled chalet located at the top of a mountain. You’ll take a snow-cat ride to reach your destination. Then you’ll dine on a 3, 4 or 5 course meal. Selections include Maui Onion and Endive Soup, lamb loin, and a chocolate trio dessert.
10. Vail has no shortage of settings for nightlife. Enjoy some live music, dj’s, dancing, and drinks in lounges and bars. Popular places include The Club, The George, and the Sandbar Sports Grill. Dance, drink, and be merry!
If that hasn’t convinced you to visit Vail, then I don’t know what will. It truly is one of the best vacation spots. So what are you waiting for?! Book your trip now!
Love wildlife viewing, national parks, a historic, western feel and some fantastic skiing? Then look no further than Jackson Hole, Wyoming!
One of the best ski resorts out West for family fun is Deer Valley Ski Resort, in the Park City area. Resort has 6 exceptional mountains for...