Ski Whistler : Top 10 Things About Whistler Ski Destination Resort
It’s always nice to visit our northern Canadian neighbors. In the province of British Columbia, Whistler has become one of the foremost winter vacation destinations. There are a number of reasons why travelers have made this a favorite spot over the years.
- Snowboard and ski fans will have no shortage of trails to choose from in Whistler. There are more than 200 trails with over 8, 000 acres of land to explore. Thanks to the northern landscape, the slopes are open until at least mid-May. Both the Blackcomb Mountain and Whistler Mountain have a variety of slopes to discover. A number of lessons are available for kids, teens, and adults.
- There is also the option of Heli Skiing and Snowboarding for the experts who want an electrifying experience. You’ll take a helicopter ride to the top of a mountain where the only way down if through a series of challenging bumps and trails. There are several packages to choose from to suit your needs.
- Speaking of helicopters, if Heli Skiing is too intimidating for you, then you can take part in a helicopter tour. This is your chance to view the beauty of Whistler from a bird’s eye view. This will also be your chance to see the Cheakamus Glacier. How many people do you know can say they’ve seen a glacier?!
- Cross country Nordic skiing is another favorite sport by many. One of the best places to go for Nordic skiing would be Lost Lake. The lake itself looks fantastically clear that it’s almost unbelievable. Callaghan Valley is also another amazing location for Nordic skiers. Considering Callaghan Valley was one of the venues for the 2010 Winter Olympics, it’s a definite must ski!
- Time to put on your snowshoes! Whistler offers a range of guided tours from beginner to experienced snowshoers. Not only will you be able to view the landscape, but you will also learn about your surroundings. For instance, if you take The Medicine Trail, then your guide will educate you about tree medicine and you can even sample some fresh tea.
- If you’re looking for a tour of what nature has to offer, but prefer to keep warm, then a Snowcat Fondue Tour would be ideal for you. Each snowcat is fully heated with large bucket seats for almost 20 people. The snowcat guide will take you up to the quaint Crystal Hut. There, you’ll enjoy a tasty fondue dinner and dessert in a cabin surrounded by flickering candlelight.
- After a relaxing evening at the Crystal Hut, what a better way to jump start your next adventure with bungee jumping. Yes, Whistler has winter bungee jumping for those not faint of heights. Take a ride to the bridge at the Cheakamus River where there is a 160 foot drop.
- Whistler has tons of restaurants to satisfy your appetite. Anything you can think of is here: fondue, pasta, salads, steaks, and more. Hop on over to the Dubh Linn Gate, which is an authentic Irish pub or make your way over to Elements which features great tapas and wines. Are you hungry yet?
- Whistler has several spots for après. Locations such as Merlins, Dusty’s Bar & BBQ, Mallard Lounge, and The Brewhouse offer great munchies, beer, and live music for all to enjoy. It’s a great chance to let loose after a day of skiing or snowboarding.
- Okay, so you’ve toured the area, ate delicious food, and danced the night away. What else is there to do? Before you leave, I suggest treating yourself to a relaxing massage at the Scandinave Spa Whistler. Not only do they have different massage packages to choose from, like the Sports Package (great for the athlete) and the Swedish Duo Package (ideal for couples or friends), but they also offer Scandinavian Baths which way help melt away any tension in your system. Ahhhh!
Whistler truly is a fantastic place for a Canadian vacation. It gives you the opportunity to visit another country without going too far away from home. There is something for everyone, whether you just want to enjoy skiing all day, try out new adventures, or get a sense of local culture. Whistler should definitely to on your list of place to visit.
Call 800-222-1170 to speak with our reservations department today!
Love wildlife viewing, national parks, a historic, western feel and some fantastic skiing? Then look no further than Jackson Hole, Wyoming!
One of the best ski resorts out West for family fun is Deer Valley Ski Resort, in the Park City area. Resort has 6 exceptional mountains for...