Ski Jackson Hole Wyoming : 10 Best Things About It !
If you’re looking for a ski vacation that is perfect for habitual ski and snowboarders, then visit Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The majority of the trails are for intermediates and experts. There are dozens of trails on the Apres-Vous and Rendezvous Mountains. Get ready for some fresh, powdery snow and fun filled
1. If you have ever wanted to try paragliding, then give it a go while in Jackson Hole. Jackson Hole Paragliding will offer you the opportunity to “fly” above the valley and village area. Plus, you’re seated in a chair during the entire experience. There are instructors and tandem pilots available for your assistance. Don’t miss out on this “butterflies-in-your-stomach” experience!
2. Many travellers love to learn about the natural wildlife in Wyoming. Ecotour Adventures has several wilderness tours for your choosing, from half-day to full day adventures. The Full Day Winter Wildlife and Park Experience will take you on a ride into the Grand Teton National Park. There you will learn about animal tracking, snow science, local geology and more. Breakfast and lunch are provided, as well as snowshoes and poles.
3. Another great way to check-out the local area is with snowmobile tours, through companies like Old Faithful Snowmobile Tours. During your tour, you will observe various animals and grand scenery through your frequent stops. Old Faithful also offers you a jacket, pants, helmet, gloves, and boots to keep you warm throughout the day.
4. It seems that most people love the idea of sleigh rides during the winter season. But not all sleigh rides are exactly the same. Snake River Vintage Sleigh Rides has 4 different sleigh ride experiences. They range between 2-4 hours each; some are during the day, others at evening hours. Each sleigh rides does bring you to the Tipi Camp, where you can treat yourself to some yummy goodies.
5. “Mush, mush!” are the words one thinks of when referring to dog sledding. Dog sledding is a great activity for any age and ability. But if a half day or a full day tour of dog sledding is not enough for you, then make a reservation for an overnight adventure. Continental Divide Dog Sled Adventures will provide you with meals, activity clothing, and a yurt dwelling to stay. Awesome!
6. Back to the skiing, make that cross country skiing. This is another favourite for the athlete-at-heart. Strap on your skis and take in the beauty that surrounds you as you glide at your own pace. There are both groomed and un-groomed trails for
7. Are you adventurous? Then heli-skiing and snowboarding will be right up your alley. This is definitely for the advanced and expert ski/snowboarders only, but what a thrill you will experience! Your package will include 6 runs, transportation and lunch. Groups are kept small and based on ability level.
8. Okay, so this next attraction might not be the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of a vacation in Jackson Hole. But yes, there is a Ripley’s Believe It or Not here. There are over 200 exhibits of all things weird yet interesting. Definitely bring your camera for this one!
9. The National Museum of Wildlife Art is a wonderful stop to view some splendid artwork. They have various exhibits and even group tours. Take a stroll through the Wapiti Gallery (wildlife and landscapes) or the George McLean: The Living Landscape exhibit, among others.
10. There are lots of choices when it comes to lodging at Jackson Hole. One of the more charming places to stay is the Rustic Inn at Jackson Hole Creekside Resort and Spa. The name pretty much says it all. The cabins have a rustic, western vibe but feature all modern amenities. There is a heated outdoor pool, Jacuzzi, spa treatment rooms, and complimentary ski shuttles. Book the Celebration Package and enjoy champagne upon arrival, $100 resort credit and a breakfast There is a lot to see and do in Jackson Hole. The only problem you might have is deciding what to do first. Have fun!
Love wildlife viewing, national parks, a historic, western feel and some fantastic skiing? Then look no further than Jackson Hole, Wyoming!
One of the best ski resorts out West for family fun is Deer Valley Ski Resort, in the Park City area. Resort has 6 exceptional mountains for...