Ski Aspen Colorado : The Winter Wonderland!
10 Best Things about Aspen Colorado – Aspen Colorado Winter Wonderland !!
Aspen, Colorado is one of the premier ski destination resorts in the country. In addition to being a haven for skiing and otherwinter outdoor activities, Aspen also boasts a rich local culture that is sure to satisfy everyone’s needs for a fun filled vacation. TheEdit Edit date and timere is so much to see and do in Aspen that it takes on a whole new meaning to the term “winter wonderland.” Here are the top ten reasons to visit Aspen, Colorado:
1. Skiing and Snowboarding– If you love to ski and snowboard, then Aspen will be your ideal destination. Here you have the opportunity to cross-country ski along miles of accessible trails. You can also participate in classic downhill skiing and snowboarding. The trails and slopes have accommodations for all abilities. Expert skiers and snowboarders will have the ability to challenge themselves to bump trails and steep runs. The novice can practice on gentle slopes with the guidance of ski and snowboard instructors.
2. Mountain Ranges-Aspen does not have just one mountainfor winter activities, but four! There’s the family friendly Snowmass to the challenging Aspen Mountain and Aspen Highland to the novice friendly Buttermilk Mountain. No matter which trails and slopes you choose to explore, one thing they all have in common is the exceptional amount of soft, fresh snow. There are also several restaurants on each mountain when you need to refuel from your activities.
3. Winter X Games-What’s the next best thing to participating in winter sports? How about watching them live before your own eyes?! The ESPN Winter X Games will be from Thursday, January 26 through Sunday, January 29, 2012 at Buttermilk Mountain. You’ll get to witness events for skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling. The best part is that the games are free for the public!
4. Breathtaking Beauty-When you visit Aspen you will feel a connection with nature. Imagine the crisp, fresh air filling your lungs. Hear the muted rustle of powder soft snow as you walk along the local streets. You will be able to view stunning mountains and valley’s that some people only get see in postcards.
5. Ice-skating– Aspen has indoor and outdoor skating rinks in town. If you’re a serious skater I suggest visiting the NHL sized Lewis Ice Arena. The Silver Circle Rink is a greatoutdoor rink for skaters of all ages and abilities.
6. Sleigh Rides– A visit to Aspen would not be complete without a sleigh ride. You can enjoy the beautiful scenerywhile in a Victorian style sleigh, snuggled under a warm blanket, and sipping hot cocoa. Aspen Carriage and Sleighoffer such tours that will create lasting memories.
7. Dining– Aspen has so many restaurants that you will not be bored with your meals. You can get your classic burgers at Boogie’s Diner or a delicious slice of pizza at Goodfellows Pizza. Are you feeling a little fancy? Then choose from a number of fine dining establishments, such as Cache Cache.
8. Shopping– Aspen offers a wide array of shopping. You can tour local boutiques for quality sports gear or the newest fashions. You can go “treasure hunting” for antiques. Don’t forget to visit the many art galleries too!
9. Great Aspen Hotels– Are you looking to stay in a rustic lodge? How about unwinding at a luxury spa? Or do you want the privacy of your own condo? It’s all here! Aspen has a wide range of hotel accommodations for a variety of preferences and budgets.
10. Relaxation– Visiting Aspen will allow you to spend quality time with family and friends, so leave your laptops and work at home. Aspen is the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Aspen, Colorado truly is a “ski winter wonderland.” In my opinion, you will enjoy the recreation and beauty so much, that you will not want to return home.
TRAVEL DATES: February 23 - March 3, 2019
PACKAGE PRICE: Land Package from $1162 per person
TRAVEL DATES: January 12 - 19, 2019 | March 2 - 9, 2019
PACKAGE PRICE: Land Package from $1059 per person