Don’t Miss Deer Valley Resort : Top 10 Things to Do When Visitting!
Deer Valley Ski Resort, Utah is one of the most renowned ski resorts areas in the country. They offer a wide variety of activities, plus many high-end things to do!
1. Deer Valley ski resort and vacations has 6 exceptional mountains for your skiing and snowboarding pleasure! There’s Bald Eagle Mountain which is perfect for beginners; Bald Mountain which has terrain for intermediates and advanced; Lady Morgan is for advanced and experts; Empire is mostly for advanced; and Flagstaff Mountain and Little Baldy Peak have trails for all abilities.
2. Snowkiting is the extreme sport that marries skiing/snowboarding with kitesurfing. The wind will take you up and downhill at crazy, fun speeds. You’ll be thrilled so much that you’ll want to spend several days snowkiting! Definitely book your experience with Fun Seekers.
3. Come to Deer Valley between February 1st and 4th 2012 for the Deer Valley Resort 2012 FIS Freestyle Ski World Cup. These aren’t just any competitions either; competitors will use the 2002 Olympic runs. There are mogul and aerial competitions, awards, and fireworks. The events are all in the evening and are free for anyone who wishes to
4. Are you visiting with a group of people? Then how about a little friendly competition? Group races are available on Bald Mountain. There are several packages to choose from in areas of NASTAR, giant slalom and dual slalom.
5. Call up Summit Meadow Adventures for a day of snowmobiling. This is a frosty adventure for adults and kids alike. You will have the option of a 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour (with lunch), or private ride. Equipment, boots, gloves, and even snowsuits are available for
6. If you’re an early bird who wants access to fresh, unmarked snow trails, then reserve a spot for First Tracks. This service is private and allows for lift access from 8 a.m.- 9 a.m. A popular activity such as should have about a 10 day-advance reservation.
7. Utah Scenic Flights offers some of the best opportunities to view the majestic landscapes in the area. They are located in the Heber City Airport (about 20 miles from Deer Valley) and offer tours for half hour to custom flying. Flights will take place in either a 172 Skyhawk (3 passengers) or the Cessna Turbo 206 Stationair, which holds 5 passengers.
8. While there are tons of great restaurants to choose from, some of them are just too fantastic to ignore. The Glitretind is just one example; they serve American cuisine with a gourmet appeal. From mouth-watering short ribs, to quail, duck, and fresh fish. Other great restaurants choices include The Mariposa and Fireside Dining.
9. Utah has a number of fine art galleries and museums in nearby Park City. Be sure to stop by the David Whitten Gallery, Meyer Art Gallery, or the Queen of Art Gallery.
10. Most of the lodging in Deer Valley is located in Empire Canyon, Snow Park or the Silver Lake Village areas. They all will provide you with first class customer service and accommodations. Stag Lodge, Shooting Star, and Larkspur are just a few of the places that visitors
Don’t miss out on this gem of a ski destination at Deer Valley!
Love wildlife viewing, national parks, a historic, western feel and some fantastic skiing? Then look no further than Jackson Hole, Wyoming!
One of the best ski resorts out West for family fun is Deer Valley Ski Resort, in the Park City area. Resort has 6 exceptional mountains for...