10 Best Things About Sun Valley Idaho :: Sun Valley Ski Vacation
Sun Valley Resort, Idaho is an ideal ski vacation location for your relaxing winter ski getaway. While there, you can enjoy skiing during the day and unwinding at night. Take a look at the 10 best things to do while visiting the ski resort!
Here are some things to do at Sun Valley Resort:
1. Most visitors come to Sun Valley for Bald Mountain, a.k.a. “Baldy.” It’s the perfect location for enthusiastic skiers and snowboarders. There are approximately 65 runs and 12 lifts. There are a variety of runs for beginner, intermediate, and experts, with the longest run being 3 miles. A benefit of this area is that the snow is light and not icy.
2. Dollar Mountain is the best bet for beginners. This mountain is treeless so it’s ideal for those learning their way on skis and snowboards. Still, with 13 runs, it’s enough to keep you busy for the
3. Christina Potter’s Ice Rink is located in Atkinson Park. This is an outdoor rink that is open from late December to mid-February, depending on the weather. Skating and hockey equipment is available to rent.
4. Sun Valley has over a dozen hot springs in the area, including Dagger Creek, Frenchman’s Bend, and Sitting Bull. It’s a great way to soothe the body and spirit while outdoors, surrounded by nature. Most of the springs are located in secluded, quiet areas.
5. While you’re in Sun Valley, you should take a day trip to the nearby, picturesque town of Ketchum. Visit the Ketchum Sun Valley Heritage and Ski Museum, the Sun Valley Center for the Arts, art galleries, shops, and local eateries.
6. Sun Valley is home to several pubs and saloons for your nighttime enjoyment. You have your choice of the Whiskey Jacques for live music and dancing; Lefty’s Bar and Grill for ice cold draft beers; and the Sun Valley Wine Company, which has a wine cellar and tasty
7. If you are with a large group or a family, then I suggest trying the Sleigh Ride and Dinner at Trail Creek Cabin. The sleighs can hold up to 20 people, so it’s ideal for large groups. The sleigh rides lasts for about a half hour. Then, dinner at the cabin is a family style treat. You’ll finish your night with a mug of hot chocolate or cider on your
8. Sun Valley is wonderful at providing winter sport lessons for both children and adults. There are also adaptive lessons for those with disabilities. Beginners will take lessons on Dollar Mountain with certified instructors.
9. The Sun Valley Inn is one of the most notable places to stay for your visit. The hotel features newly remodeled rooms with a European flair. The inn has an outdoor heated pool, exercise room, restaurants and the Lobby Lounge.
10. If you prefer something a little more down-home style, then stay at the Sun Valley Resort Dollar Cottages. The Dollar Cottage has 6 bedrooms including a master suite, grand living room, and a Jacuzzi. The Guest Cottage has four bedrooms, dining room, fireplace, and a breakfast porch. There are four other cottages too, such as the Harriman Cottage, Lake Cottage, President’s Cottage, and the Symphony Cottage.
So if you’re looking for an “old-world feeling” vacation, then Sun Valley is where you need to stay.
Love wildlife viewing, national parks, a historic, western feel and some fantastic skiing? Then look no further than Jackson Hole, Wyoming!
One of the best ski resorts out West for family fun is Deer Valley Ski Resort, in the Park City area. Resort has 6 exceptional mountains for...