Each season here bears its own surprises
The Town of Jackson is located in the northwest corner of the State of Wyoming approximately 15 miles from the Idaho border. The Town is approximately 12 miles south of Grand Teton National Park and 60 miles south of Yellowstone National Park.
You will never run out of activities here!
Many miles of hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding trails are located throughout the valley. Try your hand at mountaineering and rock climbing, check out Jackson’s free Bouldering Park, or even dare yourself to climb to the top Jackson Hole’s most awe-inspiring peak: The Grand Teton.
Whatever suits your pleasure, Jackson and the surrounding area has enough to do to keep you busy for an entire vacation or an entire lifetime!
Jackson Hole Dreaming
- Terrain: 2 mountains, Apres Vous and Rendezvous
- 2,500 acres of in-bounds terrain
- Vertical drop of 4,139 feet
- Base elevation: 6,311 feet/1924 meters
- Summit elevation: 10,450 feet/3185 meters
- Uphill capacity: 17,833 skiers per hour
- Open backcountry gate system accesses over 3000+ acres
Runs - 116 Named Trails on the map
- 50% expert
- 40% intermediate
- 10% beginner
- One 100 Passenger Aerial Tram
- One eight pax high speed gondola
- Three detachable quad chairlifts
- Four fixed grip quad chairlifts
- Two double chairlift
- One fixed grip triple chairlift
- One magic carpet
Aerial Tram (click for more on the Aerial Tram!) 9 minutes, 4,139 vertical feet… Nickname: Big Red, The Red Heli Birthdate: December 19, 2008 Construction Dates: April 2007 – December 2008
Snow and Snow Making Average of 459″/year over past 5 yrs in season. We currently have 195 acres of snowmaking coverage.
Temperature Average winter temperature is 21o Fahrenheit in the valley. Temperature inversions caused by warm air rising and cold air staying on the valley floor will raise slope temperatures by 20-40°
Snowboarding Snowboarding is allowed on 100% of our mountain.
Terrain Parks/Half-Pipes/Burton Stash Parks There is a halfpipe, two terrain parks (one expert, one beginner) for both skiers and snowboarders. Jackson Hole is home to the only Burton Stash parks in the Rockies. These four Burton Stash Parks are located all over the mountain.