AKA – Purgatory
Durango ski resort is located in the Southwest portion of Colorado. This town has been named one of America’s Top 10 Ski Towns by Ski Magazine. There’s no need to wonder why either. Durango has dozens of well groomed traisl that can accommodate skiers,snowboarders,snowshoers,and hikers. While visiting, you can also rent snowbikes,snowmobiles, andsnowtubes.
There are so many options; you’ll be excited to try them all!The town itself has a number of specialty shops and dining options that will make you stay relaxed and convient. Durango also has a wide range of lodging choices, from hotels, to condos, to private homes and townhomes.Come and experience one of the best ski resort areas in Colorado!
- 8,793 feet (2,680 meters)
- The Summit Elevation is 10,822 feet (3,299 meters) (That’s over two miles high!)
- Vertical Drop is 2,029 feet (618 meters)
- Skiable Area is 1,360 Acres (536 hectares)
- Annual Snowfall at Purgatory is 260 inches (660 centimeters) (That’s over 21 FEET!)
- 250 acres (21% of the mountain) with our Snowmaking
- 10 Lifts serving 88 runs and can get up to 15,050 people to the top of the mountain per hour.
- 1 High Speed Six Person
- 1 High Speed Quad
- 4 Triple Chairlifts
- 3 Double Chairlifts
- 1 Magic Carpet
Trail ratings by percentage are:
- 20% Beginner
- 45% Intermediate
- 35% Advanced/Expert
5 terrain parks for even more fun:
- New this year, our Riblett Park!
- Paradise Freestyle Arena
- Pitchfork Terrain Garden
- Divine Comedy (the locals call it DC)
- Animas City Adventure Park
- Pinkerton Starter Park (NEW)
Dates and Times:
- Open for the 2014-2015 winter season the day after Thanksgiving (weather permitting).
- Lift Hours of Operation are daily, 9am until 4pm. Half day starts at 12:30pm.