Beaver Creek turns 25!
Hailed by SKI Magazine readers as one of the top resorts in North America, Beaver Creek is gearing up for what promises to be an exciting silver anniversary season. Reminiscent of a secluded European alpine village, Beaver Creek combines the polish and refinement of a five-star resort with a relaxed, family atmosphere. The resort’s village-to-village ski and snowboard experience is complemented by a mountain-top snowshoe and cross country ski park, world-class spas, a year-round outdoor ice rink, sleigh ride dinners, family programs and more. Beaver Creek is home to some of the West’s most celebrated Rocky Mountain restaurants and pioneer chefs. The resort is located just 25 miles East of Vail/ Eagle County Airport offering nonstop jet service from 14 major U.S. destinations.
Dates and Hours
- Ski Season: Nov. 23, 2005-April 16, 2006
- Base Elevation: (Arrowhead Village) 7,400 ft./2,255 m
- Summit Elevation: (Beaver Creek Mountain) 11,440 ft./3,488 m
- Vertical Rise: 4,040 ft.
- Total Number of Lifts: 16 (includes one surface lift)
- High-Speed Quads: 10
- Triple Chairs: 2
- Double Chairs: 3
- Surface Lift: 1
- Total Uphill Capacity/Hour: 31,539
- Trail Classification (Total Mountain Acreage)
- 27% Expert/Advanced
- 39% Intermediate
- 34% Beginner
- Conventional Trails: 146
- Longest Run: Centennial at 2.75 miles
- Terrain Parks: 3
- Superpipe: 1
- Bowls: Rose Bowl and Larkspur Bowl
- Annual Average Snowfall: 310 inches
- Total Skiable Area: 1,625 acres
Climate (Temperatures in Fahrenheit)Average Winter Temperatures: 45 degree days, below 30 degree nights.
Beaver Creek enjoys more than 275 days of sunshine annually